About Girls Lacrosse
Co-Ed "Soft Toss":
K thru 2nd-grade division for Girls and Boys designed to introduce the youngest players to the sport. Helmets, gloves and arm pads are highly recommended. The Youth Club will try and get used helmets for players, but once we run out of those than the equipment is the parents' responsibility. The players are taught stick skills and the fundamentals of lacrosse. The players are then playing 3 on 3 short-sided games of Lacrosse with no goalies. This division is strictly "in-house" with no travel. There is no limit to registration and we will take all kids that register. The emphasis here is skill building, sportsmanship, and fun.
- girls lacrosse is a non-contact sport
- required equipment, provided by the player: girls-style stick, eyeguard, cleats. Uniforms are purchased through the club.
- girls teams are organized as 3rd and 4th grade combined, 5th and 6th grade combined, and 7th and 8th grade combined.
- girls teams compete in the JGLA league and will play both home and away games.
- the season is March through June with at least 2 practices per week and 15 games, plus tournament/s.
- especially in the 7th/8th grade level playing time may be managed for competitiveness.